Saturday 1 December 2012

December.

I cannot believe that it's December already, 2012 has been a year filled with sooo many things for me. January 2012 kick started with me taking a trip to Chicago with my friend Amber; who I'd never actually met in person until we met at the airport for our flight. We have a mutual friend and had been talking on facebook for years but never actually met until the day we left for Chicago. We had a good weekend visit in Chicago, and enjoyed some deep-dish pizza and a visit with my friend Stephanie on our first night there, and then got to see The Wanted the next day, and explored Millennium Park quickly before heading to the airport on day 3 in Chicago. Those 3 days in Chicago a friendship was built that will last a life time and I couldn't be more thankful to The Wanted for making it possible. 

April quickly came, which was a crazy month, a day trip to Toronto with Amber, to meet and see The Wanted for a second time in the year, and the following day moving to Barrie, Ontario. Sadly my new job in Barrie didn't last long, and the job market wasn't great so it was very difficult for me to find a new job. After months of trying, and then finding out my dad would be moving to Nova Scotia in the summer I made the choice to move back to Alberta, where I picked up and came to in August. I've now lived here in my sister's basement for 3 months, and have been working for nearly 2 months now.

It seems crazy that the year was filled with so much, even little things I left out, like trips to Toronto Zoo with Amber and my roommate Chris, and other day adventures. And crazy to think that I've only known Amber for a little less then a year now, and also crazy to think I've moved twice within the year.

I had a horrible realisation tonight though, that as much as I love my current job and I am happy there, I will have to start looking for a full-time position as soon as possible, or try and find a second part-time job that will be willing to schedule me around my current job, as I definitely need more hours, and more money. So hopefully within January I manage that, I also need to sort out a way to take my GED test, and will hopefully start driving again in the new year, and eventually get my licence so I can stop taking public transit.

Well that's all for tonight, happy month of December everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment