Tuesday 27 November 2012

Self Confidence.

Here I am again. No more long silences I promise, or at least I hope not. Today was my first day ever actually going to a gym...on my own. I went every now and again with my dad when I was a kid, and also went with my mum for a short time (however my mum and I only went to play Tennis and Squash). Today I had my trainer, who's called Rily. I will only have a total of 14 training sessions with him, which sort of sucks, but it will be nice to have him showing me the ropes on things, and getting me settled and started off on the right foot. 

I went in there with a goal to get down to 125 lbs. not realising how close I actually was to the mark I should be aiming for. Rily took my measurements, BMI, etc. and it turns out I should be aiming for 123 lbs. which is only 2 lbs. less then what I wanted to aim for, wow. Only did a short little circuit workout today, but actually ended up rowing 50 lbs, which is mental. I also did pushing squats with my legs however only lifted about 5 lbs there. Still my legs and arms both feel or rather felt like they would fall off for the first few hours after my workout.

I'm not too sure I'm keen on the change room, as I despise changing out in the open, although it's a woman's change room I'd much rather my privacy and be able to change in the comforts of a stall. However they do not seem to have any changing stalls in the locker room, only lockers, and showers. I also wish there was a punching bag, as I love those, but they do not have any. That being said, I didn't feel as uncomfortable in the gym as I thought I would once we got started, and definitely can already feel my self confidence being built on. 
It's nice going into a gym thinking you'll look a fool and terrified you won't be able to do anything, and then coming to the realisation that you can do it, and that it's really not so bad.

Apart from that really not too much else to report on at all. Other then I'm going to have to get cracking down on my healthy eating plan as soon as possible, and bring my calorie intake up as I am now working out. I generally eat about 1200 calories per day, but was told by my trainer I'll need to try and bring that closer to 1600 calories now that I'm working out...terrific. I have a hard enough time reaching 1200 as it is, now I have to try and reach 1600, yikes. I also need to try and cut pasta out of my "diet" which is horrific. Pasta is one of my major foods, and I'm not sure how I'll manage. Now he hasn't said to cut it out entirely but I need to ensure that my suppers are a replacement of that lean meat that I don't get as a vegetarian, so things like my veggie burgers, or a veggie and lentil salad will from now on have to do for dinner.

Well that is all for today, byeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment